Part medicine, part engineering, and part artistry, making a change in a person’s life through the magic of orthodontics has always been my passion professionally and continues to give me great satisfaction. My goal is to provide patients with the best orthodontic treatment in an office that makes the orthodontic experience as enjoyable as possible for everyone. I feel privileged to help each of my patients, and appreciate that they have chosen me as their orthodontist. Visualizing each patient's orthodontic treatment from start to finish, it is fulfilling to see their confidence grow as they see a healthier and more attractive smile develop. Utilizing the latest technology for moving teeth, as well as for interactive practice management and efficient office operations, makes each day at our office the best it can be.
With our younger patents, it’s exciting to see them grow into their new smile right in front of our eyes, and how it helps make them confident young adults in pursuing their life goals. It is also very rewarding to see our adult patients as they journey through an orthodontic makeover that leaves them looking younger and feeling better about themselves.
Education and continuing education
- Bachelor of Science – Fordham University, Bronx, NY, 1980
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Columbia University School of Dental Medicine, New York, 1984
- Orthodontist Specialist Program – Columbia University School of Dental Medicine, 1986
In addition to continuing my own education, I also serve as an assistant clinical professor in the orthodontic department of Columbia University School of Dental Medicine, where I help to advance the knowledge of the next generation of orthodontists. I have also given many lectures and presentations to dentists on various orthodontic topics, and have authored articles for dental publications.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Dental Association of the State of New York
- Eastchester Dental Society, past president
- Ninth District Dental Association, Professional Education Committee and Children's Dental Health Month Committee
- Associate professor of orthodontics, Columbia University School of Dental Medicine
In the community
I have always felt privileged with the support and encouragement of my parents at an early age, and blessed from God to have the opportunity for my career and my life. I feel equally blessed to be able to share that with others, and it makes me feel good to do it. Our office is proud to have contributed more than $100,000 over the years to charitable and volunteer causes and organizations, and continues to provide educational presentations to local schools during Dental Health Month.
Personally, I am active in numerous organizations, including:
- Eastchester Rotary Club, president and board member
- Westchester Neuroscience Research Foundation, board member
- Eastchester Youth Council, board member
- Eastchester Little League, coach/manager
- Community Fund of Bronxville-Eastchester-Tuckahoe, board member
- Meals on Wheels
- Eastchester Tuckahoe Chamber of Commerce, past board member
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church Parish Council
Outside the office
A native of Yonkers, NY, I have resided in Eastchester for the past 27 years. My wife Carolyn and I have five children, Tristen, Taryn, Kayla, Faith, and Grace, and an 18-year-old cat, Flopsy. My family is at the center of most of my free time, but when I get the chance I enjoy outdoor activities like skiing, playing softball and golf, hunting, and hiking.