Joseph Comizio DDS MBA
Part medicine, part engineering, and part artistry, making a change in a person’s life through the magic of orthodontics has always been my passion professionally and continues to give me great satisfaction. My goal is to provide patients with the best orthodontic treatment in an office that makes the experience as enjoyable as possible for everyone.
I feel privileged to help each of my patients, and appreciate that they have chosen me as their orthodontist. Visualizing each patient’s orthodontic treatment from start to finish, it is fulfilling to see their confidence grow as they see a healthier and more attractive smile develop. Utilizing the latest technology for moving teeth, as well as for interactive practice management and efficient office operations, makes each day at our office the best it can be.
With our younger patients, it’s exciting to see them grow into their new smile right in front of our eyes, and how it helps make them confident young adults in pursuing their life goals. It is also very rewarding to see our adult patients as they journey through an orthodontic makeover that leaves them looking younger and feeling better about themselves.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – Fordham University, Bronx, NY
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery –Columbia University School of Dental Medicine, New York, NY
- Orthodontist specialist program – Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Master of Business Administration – West Texas A&M University
- Invisalign® Masters Level Certification Program
- Invisalign Certified Researcher and Office
In addition to continuing my own education, educating others in my field has always been a priority. I have served as an assistant clinical professor in the orthodontic department of Columbia University School of Dental Medicine, for more than 25 years: helping to advance the knowledge of the next generation of orthodontists. I have also given many lectures and presentations to dentists on orthodontics and the business of dental care, and have authored articles in publications on the same.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Board-certified Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Dental Association of the State of New York
- Eastchester Dental Society, past president
- Ninth District Dental Association, Professional Education Committee and Children’s Dental Health Month Committee
- Associate professor of orthodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, 1986-2012
Community and Civic Organizations
- Rotary Club of Eastchester: three times past president, board member
- Eastchester Little League, coach/manager since 1988
- Eastchester Youth Council, board member
- Sponsor of Eastchester Town Rag-A-Muffin Parade and Easter Egg Hunt
- Community Fund of Bronxville-Eastchester-Tuckahoe, honorary board member
- Eastchester Tuckahoe Chamber of Commerce, past board member
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church Parish Council, past board member
In the Community
“I have always felt privileged with the support and encouragement of my parents at an early age, and blessed from God to have the opportunity for my career and my life. I feel equally blessed to be able to share that with others, and it makes me feel good to do it. Comizio Orthodontics is proud and fortunate to have contributed more than $100,000 over the years to charitable and volunteer causes and organizations.”
Outside the Office
A native of Yonkers, Dr. Joe Comizio has lived in Eastchester since 1986. Along with his wife Carolyn, they have five children: Tristen, Taryn, Kayla, Faith, and Grace. Family is at the center of most free time, but he also enjoys outdoor activities like skiing, playing softball and golf, hunting, and hiking.
Sara Sullivan DDS
Dr. Sullivan works side by side with Dr. Comizio and our trained NYS-licensed assistants in implementing treatment plans designed by Dr. Comizio for our patients. Dr. Sara Sullivan attended Marist College and completed her dental degree and specialist in orthodontic residency training at Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine, from all of which she graduated from with high honors.
Dr. Sullivan’s experience includes independently caring for orthodontic patients in a group practice setting for several years. She is highly competent, intelligent, and well liked by patients and colleagues.